Young Guns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Young Guns Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Archives] Web Press 2010

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Donatello

Donatello

[Archives] Web Press 2010 Empty
PostSubject: [Archives] Web Press 2010   [Archives] Web Press 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:52 pm

Quote :
We sit down for a chat with the soon-to-be-massive rockers

Posted 21st July 2010 in Interviews, Young Guns

The rise of High Wycombe lads Young Guns is an exciting one - they've gone from being virtual unknowns last year to supporting rock legends Bon Jovi at one of their recent massive London gigs. Having just released their debut album 'All Our Kings Are Dead' to massive acclaim (stay tuned for our Rocklouder review of it) and tipped to be one of the biggest British exports for years, we were lucky enough to have a chat with the band's Gus last week.

Your great debut album's out and it's all kicking off for you. How does it feel?
Thank you! It feels great. We're really excited and relieved to have the album finally out there, for better or worse. There's so much anxiety and stress and worry preparing to put out your first ever album and for it to have been received as well as it has is a dream come true. Every kind word said about the album is appreciated so much. I'm a pessimistic bastard at the best of times, and always believe that the end is just around the corner, but we're trying to just enjoy the moment, to stay busy and work hard, and to not think too much about the future. We've been really privileged so far, and now we just want to put our heads down and move onwards and, hopefully, upwards. There were plenty of times when I honestly thought we'd never be here now, so it's just amazing.

You supported Bon Jovi recently which is obviously a totally mental thing for a new band. Any gossip?
Ha! Sadly not, we didn't meet them or anything. I managed to sneak in to their closed sound check and watched them play 2 songs before getting kicked out by security. We were plonked in a little dressing room in the warren that is backstage at the o2 Arena and just sat there like good little boys not wanting to touch or disturb a thing. I half expected security to stop me at every little check point in the building, of which there are millions. We had a tough time even getting catering to give us any food, but truly it was an experience I will never ever forget. Playing a place of that size... well, the wait was excruciating, and it kinda felt like we were playing on the moon, or maybe doing a gig in orbit, but the response was actually really good and despite feeling at times like I was about to spontaneously combust, it was actually really fun. I didn't really digest that we'd actually done it until we'd had some beers and were watching Bon Jovi play. I was totally hooked on the experience, I want to play the o2 again so badly. We definitely celebrated that night. It was incredible.

You're doing a bunch of festivals this summer. Any one you're particularly looking forward to, or bands you want to catch?
I'm really excited about playing Pukkelpop as I grew up reading about it and hearing about it but never had the opportunity to go. It's absolutely massive and has a great variety of bands, from Marina & The Diamonds - who I love - to Thrice, and as a festival in Europe is just a really exciting thing to be able to say we've done. Really though, it has to be opening the main stage at Reading festival on the Friday, and Leeds on the Sunday. We're the very first band on at Reading 2010! Sharing a stage with Guns 'n' Roses! Insanity. Getting to see Blink 182 is going to be pretty awesome too, even though they always sucked live.

You're heading out on a massive headlining tour later in the year. Anything special planned?
Well, we're really trying to put together a great touring line up, and if it comes off like we hope it will then it will definitely be special. We always get stuck trying to decide who to take on tour, as asking someone to support you feels somehow wrong, especially if they're a band you admire, or/and have been around longer than you have. The venues are amazing as well, we don't feel like we belong in them! Just kidding. But both things do come down to us still just feeling like a bunch of friends blagging it, we still find it hard to accept that people actually seem to like our band. I've seen so many bands I love and look up to headlining venues like The Electric Ballroom so to be headlining there... well, there are no words man. It's just unreal.

High Wycombe's not really known for being a hotbed of awesome rock, is it?
Well, there's Futures. They're from not too far away, they're very cool. Our friends in Out of Sight too, they're rad, and our mates from Oxford-ish in Francesqa. Some great metal bands around Reading too.

We're doing a playlist of some of the best albums released so far this year. What'd be your picks to put on there?
Circa Survive 'Blue Sky Noise', Kvelertak 'Kvelertak', Deftones 'Diamond Eyes', The Dillinger Escape Plan 'Option Paralysis', Jonsi'Go', Rolo Tomassi 'Cosmology'... loads more, but I can't remember! It's been a good year for music though.

SOURCE

Last edited by Donatello on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Young-Guns-Web-Team/1339855133409
Hole_In_Wall

Hole_In_Wall

PostSubject: Re: [Archives] Web Press 2010   [Archives] Web Press 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:44 am

Ourzone Magazine - Jan/Feb 2010
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ourzone Magazine - Feb/Mar 2010

Ourzone Magazine - Mar/Apr 2010

Ourzone Magazine - May/Jun 2010

Ourzone Magazine - Jun/Jul 2010

Ourzone Magazine - Jul/Aug 2010

Ourzone Magazine - Aug/Sept 2010
Back to top Go down
Hole_In_Wall

Hole_In_Wall

PostSubject: Re: [Archives] Web Press 2010   [Archives] Web Press 2010 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Quote :
Band Guns down the airplay delay
11:11 | Tuesday April 6, 2010

British buzz band Young Guns are testing the benefits of minimising the time period between radio and release dates for their next single after signing up with PIAS’s Integral marketing service to handle their debut album.

The band, who were nominated for best British newcomer at the 2009 Kerrang! Awards, self-released the Mirrors EP on their own Live Forever label and a free download single Winter Kiss.

The latter song attracted the attention of Radio 1, where Zane Lowe made it his Hottest Record in the World, while daytime DJs Fearne Cotton and Jo Whiley also gave it plays.

Despite considerable label attention, the band decided to sign up to Integral for their debut album All Our Kings Are Dead. It is scheduled for release via PIAS/Integral on July 12.

“When it came to the album, given the hands-on nature of the band in doing things, it seemed the logical thing to do,” says Mark James, who co-manages the band alongside Andy Snape. “We spoke to labels of different sizes but there was no one really who sat down and said anything that we didn’t think we could do ourselves.”

“Before we heard the album we thought they were the most exciting UK rock band around at the moment,” says PIAS managing director Peter Thompson. “When we heard the album it was better than our wildest dreams. It is going to be a classic rock album.”

The deal means that the band retain all copyrights and also keep control of their money-spinning merchandise sales. PIAS will take a flat fee and a share of “record company-associated revenues”.

“It allows us to develop at our own speed while having the expertise of the PIAS team,” ex-plains James.

Leading up to July 12, the band will release two singles. Sons of Apathy will be a soft release around the end of April when the band are on tour. The intention is to release a radio edit of the track to fans when it goes to radio, with a more detailed digital bundle available two or three weeks later.

“It is so when people search for it, it is there,” says James. “It is great if it is on the radio but it is also good for fans to be able to have that track almost immediately.”

This approach has been gathering steam of late, with the MMF calling on the industry to narrow the gap between radio play and release, claiming the time delay is encouraging piracy among fans unable to buy the track.

Traditionally, tracks are serviced to media months in advance of release, with the intention of building interest and maximising chart positions. However, James says that he is not overly worried about chart positions for this release.

“We are aware of the importance of chart positions, but for a rock band I don’t think it is something we are too concerned about,” he says.

A second single, Crystal Clear, will be made available in the weeks leading up to the release of the album. The release strategy for this single will, to a large extent, depend on the fortunes on Sons of Apathy.
SOURCE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Archives] Web Press 2010   [Archives] Web Press 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Archives] Web Press 2010
Page 1 of 1