Young Guns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Young Guns Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Archives] Web Press 2009

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Donatello

Donatello

[Archives] Web Press 2009 Empty
PostSubject: [Archives] Web Press 2009   [Archives] Web Press 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:12 am

Quote :
Hot new things answer our questions…

Buckinghamshire based quintet Young Guns are trouble. But fear not, they’re trouble in the best way possible. Their debut single, ‘In The Night’ produced by Dan Weller and Justin Hill (Johnny Truant, Haunts and Exit Ten) sees frontman Gustav reflecting on his party animal tendencies in an honest and earnest manner. As the singer explains, “In the Night is about the idea of being in love with night time, and more specifically - the more self destructive element of partying too hard. It’s about questioning why you do it, and how you can become someone or something you don't want to, but aren’t able to stop yourself.”

How are you? Where does this Q&A find you?

Hungover at band practice.

How did the recording sessions for your new release go?

We recorded at Wellerhill productions with Dan and Justin from Sikth. A few of us were/are really into sikth so it was great to find out that they were awesome people as well. The recording sessions were spaced out over a month or so and were pretty painless! They really helped us to step it up for this recording.

What goals did you set yourself before you started recording? Did you do anything differently this time, on purpose? why?

Everything was meticulously planned out ahead of schedule for once! We were organised and I think that paid off. It meant we had so much more time to be creative with the mixing, which I think has really set our EP apart.

What do you feel are your own limitations when it comes to creating/writing music?

I don’t really think we have any limitations… We don’t try to be heavy or catchy or mellow or experimental or whatever. We write what we want to write because we like it.

I guess our only limitation is that our quality control is ridiculously rigid and if one of us isn’t feeling a piece of music, we work on it until it’s good or chuck it away. Unfortunately that means we write songs pretty slowly sometimes.

Tell us 3 of your favourite songs from your career and the inspiration behind them?

That would definitely be 3 off of our upcoming EP, “Daughter Of The Sea”, “In The Night” and “The Weight of the World”. Daughter of the Sea is about being too deep in an unhealthy situation to get out, In The Night is about partying just that little bit too hard and paying the price, and The Weight of the World is about living for yourself and noone else.

What do you love and what do you hate about life on the road? Tell us your funniest tour experience yet?

We love to be on the road! I Guess we’d be a pretty useless band if we didn’t, but partying with our friends and getting to play shows night after night is unlike anything else. Meeting new people and getting to see new places is always rad. The only thing I hate is having to move the van pissed when I wake up every morning trying to avoid a parking ticket. Getting Leon from Lagwagon so drunk on Guiness in Manchester that he threw up all over himself was pretty awesome considering we listened to his band as kids.

What are the bands plans for the rest of the year? What exactly do you want to achieve with your band, now and in the future?

At the moment we want nothing more than just to play as many shows as we can and get out to as many people and places as possible.

How would you describe your own/bands sound, or what do you hate being labelled as?

One of the favourite descriptions we’ve heard is “evil pop”. I’d really like to think that we just write honest, heavy (but not in a clichéd way) catchy songs that aren’t concerned with sticking to any particular scene.

Who is currently moving you musically at the moment?

I’m listening to a lot of Thrice who are always amazing, Bring Me The Horizon who I hated last year but their new album has some sick riffs and Guns n Roses, some of which is shit and some of it’s awesome.

What album changed your life and why?

AC/DC Live. It was the first cassette I owned and I literally loved it. It saved many a boring lesson at school. For me, it was a perfect introduction to heavy music and they’re still rad today.

If you could erase one single/album from history (your own or someone else's) which would it be and why?

St. Anger for obvious reasons. All it did was disappoint people. What a piece of shit.

How do you see yourself altering the band and your sound in the future? is there anything you wish to attempt in the future that's inspiring you right now?

I wouldn’t like to say. I think we want to just roll with the times and take whatever influences we have, past or present, and keep writing what we want to.

A rumour you'd like to start about yourself, or one you'd like stopped?

Lying is not cool….but…I invented and patented frisbees at the age of six.

The revolution comes, who would you like to be first against the wall (and if you're feeling particularly bitchy, a second, third, fourth and so on...)?

That band Brokencyde.. What the fuck? Seriously!

Best piece of advice you'd give to aspiring musicians, or the best piece of advice you were given when you started?

I can’t remember who said it to me but “the only people that make it are those that don’t give up”. It’s true man...keep trying until you get where you want to be. That’s what I’m going to be doing anyway.

If you're in a car going at the speed of light, and someone turns the headlamps on, would they do anything?

That’s such a retarded question for so many reasons. I love it.

A) Show me this car.

B) If you manage to survive at the speed of light without the g-force pulling the skin from your bones and being able to lift your arm against such a force to switch on the headlamps, then you’re not a human being.

C) It’s not like light doesn’t exist at the speed of light so of course you’d see them…..I think.

D) They have lights on the enterprise in Star Trek and they travel at the speed of light all the time so I don’t see why not.

TOP 5 IPOD TUNES

Not of all time but currently

1. There Will Be Rain ”‘ Young Guns (sorry but it’s my favourite at the mo)

2.Burn Out Brighter(Northern Lights) - Anberlin

3.Better ”‘ Guns n Roses

4.Sequoia Throne ”‘ Protest The Hero

5.The Fallen ”‘ Set Your Goals

Young Guns release the ‘In The Night’ single on Monday 2nd February 2009 on Live Forever Records.

(w/ We Are The Ocean)

JAN 10: OXFORD, Academy

JAN 11: BRISTOL, Academy 2

JAN 12: EBBW VALE, The EVI

JAN 14: PLYMOUTH, White Rabbit

JAN 15: EXETER, Cavern

JAN 16: BIRMINGHAM, Academy 2

JAN 17: HIGH WYCOMBE, Blues Lost

JAN 18: MILTON KEYNES, The Pitz

JAN 19: STOKE, Sugarmill

JAN 20: LEEDS, Cockpit

JAN 31: LONDON, Notting Hill Rota Club

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

thanks to Mark James @ Partisan PR

Jeremy Chick

SOURCE

Last edited by Donatello on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Young-Guns-Web-Team/1339855133409
Hole_In_Wall

Hole_In_Wall

PostSubject: Re: [Archives] Web Press 2009   [Archives] Web Press 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:26 am

OURZONE MAGAZINE - Oct/Nov 2009

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hole_In_Wall

Hole_In_Wall

PostSubject: Re: [Archives] Web Press 2009   [Archives] Web Press 2009 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 12:56 am

Quote :
Young Guns
Hot new things answer our questions…

Buckinghamshire based quintet Young Guns are trouble. But fear not, they’re trouble in the best way possible. Their debut single, ‘In The Night’ produced by Dan Weller and Justin Hill (Johnny Truant, Haunts and Exit Ten) sees frontman Gustav reflecting on his party animal tendencies in an honest and earnest manner. As the singer explains, “In the Night is about the idea of being in love with night time, and more specifically - the more self destructive element of partying too hard. It’s about questioning why you do it, and how you can become someone or something you don't want to, but aren’t able to stop yourself.”

How are you? Where does this Q&A find you?
Hungover at band practice.

How did the recording sessions for your new release go?
We recorded at Wellerhill productions with Dan and Justin from Sikth. A few of us were/are really into sikth so it was great to find out that they were awesome people as well. The recording sessions were spaced out over a month or so and were pretty painless! They really helped us to step it up for this recording.

What goals did you set yourself before you started recording? Did you do anything differently this time, on purpose? why?
Everything was meticulously planned out ahead of schedule for once! We were organised and I think that paid off. It meant we had so much more time to be creative with the mixing, which I think has really set our EP apart.

What do you feel are your own limitations when it comes to creating/writing music?
I don’t really think we have any limitations… We don’t try to be heavy or catchy or mellow or experimental or whatever. We write what we want to write because we like it.
I guess our only limitation is that our quality control is ridiculously rigid and if one of us isn’t feeling a piece of music, we work on it until it’s good or chuck it away. Unfortunately that means we write songs pretty slowly sometimes.

Tell us 3 of your favourite songs from your career and the inspiration behind them?
That would definitely be 3 off of our upcoming EP, “Daughter Of The Sea”, “In The Night” and “The Weight of the World”. Daughter of the Sea is about being too deep in an unhealthy situation to get out, In The Night is about partying just that little bit too hard and paying the price, and The Weight of the World is about living for yourself and noone else.

What do you love and what do you hate about life on the road? Tell us your funniest tour experience yet?
We love to be on the road! I Guess we’d be a pretty useless band if we didn’t, but partying with our friends and getting to play shows night after night is unlike anything else. Meeting new people and getting to see new places is always rad. The only thing I hate is having to move the van pissed when I wake up every morning trying to avoid a parking ticket. Getting Leon from Lagwagon so drunk on Guiness in Manchester that he threw up all over himself was pretty awesome considering we listened to his band as kids.

What are the bands plans for the rest of the year? What exactly do you want to achieve with your band, now and in the future?
At the moment we want nothing more than just to play as many shows as we can and get out to as many people and places as possible.

How would you describe your own/bands sound, or what do you hate being labelled as?
One of the favourite descriptions we’ve heard is “evil pop”. I’d really like to think that we just write honest, heavy (but not in a clichéd way) catchy songs that aren’t concerned with sticking to any particular scene.

Who is currently moving you musically at the moment?
I’m listening to a lot of Thrice who are always amazing, Bring Me The Horizon who I hated last year but their new album has some sick riffs and Guns n Roses, some of which is shit and some of it’s awesome.

What album changed your life and why?
AC/DC Live. It was the first cassette I owned and I literally loved it. It saved many a boring lesson at school. For me, it was a perfect introduction to heavy music and they’re still rad today.

If you could erase one single/album from history (your own or someone else's) which would it be and why?
St. Anger for obvious reasons. All it did was disappoint people. What a piece of shit.

How do you see yourself altering the band and your sound in the future? is there anything you wish to attempt in the future that's inspiring you right now?
I wouldn’t like to say. I think we want to just roll with the times and take whatever influences we have, past or present, and keep writing what we want to.

A rumour you'd like to start about yourself, or one you'd like stopped?
Lying is not cool….but…I invented and patented frisbees at the age of six.

The revolution comes, who would you like to be first against the wall (and if you're feeling particularly bitchy, a second, third, fourth and so on...)?
That band Brokencyde.. What the fuck? Seriously!

Best piece of advice you'd give to aspiring musicians, or the best piece of advice you were given when you started?
I can’t remember who said it to me but “the only people that make it are those that don’t give up”. It’s true man...keep trying until you get where you want to be. That’s what I’m going to be doing anyway.

If you're in a car going at the speed of light, and someone turns the headlamps on, would they do anything?
That’s such a retarded question for so many reasons. I love it.

A) Show me this car.

B) If you manage to survive at the speed of light without the g-force pulling the skin from your bones and being able to lift your arm against such a force to switch on the headlamps, then you’re not a human being.

C) It’s not like light doesn’t exist at the speed of light so of course you’d see them…..I think.

D) They have lights on the enterprise in Star Trek and they travel at the speed of light all the time so I don’t see why not.

TOP 5 IPOD TUNES
Not of all time but currently
1. There Will Be Rain ”‘ Young Guns (sorry but it’s my favourite at the mo)
2.Burn Out Brighter(Northern Lights) - Anberlin
3.Better ”‘ Guns n Roses
4.Sequoia Throne ”‘ Protest The Hero
5.The Fallen ”‘ Set Your Goals

Young Guns release the ‘In The Night’ single on Monday 2nd February 2009 on Live Forever Records.

(w/ We Are The Ocean)

JAN 10: OXFORD, Academy

JAN 11: BRISTOL, Academy 2

JAN 12: EBBW VALE, The EVI

JAN 14: PLYMOUTH, White Rabbit

JAN 15: EXETER, Cavern

JAN 16: BIRMINGHAM, Academy 2

JAN 17: HIGH WYCOMBE, Blues Lost

JAN 18: MILTON KEYNES, The Pitz

JAN 19: STOKE, Sugarmill

JAN 20: LEEDS, Cockpit

JAN 31: LONDON, Notting Hill Rota Club

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

thanks to Mark James @ Partisan PR

Jeremy Chick

SOURCE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Archives] Web Press 2009   [Archives] Web Press 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Archives] Web Press 2009
Page 1 of 1